- “The Shady History of Big Sugar,” op-ed in The New York Times, 17 September 2016.
Pieces for Bunk
- “The Limits of Chemical Control in the Caribbean Sugar Factory,” Radical History Review 127 (January 2017), http://dx.doi.org/10.1215/01636545-3690858
- “Science, Commodities, and Corruption in the Gilded Age”, Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (July 2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1537781416000128
- “Keynesian Eugenics and the Goodness of the World”, Journal of British Studies (July 2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/jbr.2016.56
- “Inventing Purity in the Atlantic Sugar World, 1860-1930”, Enterprise and Society (December 2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/eso.2015.74
- “‘A Doubt is At Best an Unsafe Standard’: Measuring Sugar in the Early Bureau of Standards,” NIST Journal of Research 112, no. 1 (January 2007), http://dx.doi.org/10.6028/jres.112.004
- Another article is under review for the 2018 volume of Osiris.
Please contact me if you don’t have access to any of these articles.